Tuesday, January 27, 2015

SC asks Swamy to approach HC for speedy trial of National Herald case

New Delhi: The Supreme Court has asked Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Subramanian Swamy to make out a case in the Delhi High Court for a speedy trial in the National Herald case.

The hearing on the case had earlier been adjourned due to the absence of one of the Congress lawyers.

Subramanian Swamy has accused Congress president and vice president, Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi, of conspiring to cheat and misappropriate funds by paying just Rs 50 lakh, by which Young Indian (YI) obtained the right to recover Rs the 90.25 crore which the Associated Journals Limited (AJL) had owed to the Congress Party.

Swamy has alleged that over Rs 2,000 crore worth of assets also got transferred to YI, whose 76 percent of shareholding is with Sonia and Rahul Gandhi, while the remaining 24 percent shareholding vests with the other accused.

No comments:

Post a Comment